Friday, July 26, 2013

Inspired By... Gentle Colours!

Good morning! Yay Friday! It's definitely the best part of the week :) Friday means a new Inspired By... Challenge, and I wanted to play along to The Paper Players:



This week's photo was selected by Charissa. A lovely set of prints she saw on Etsy:


I love these colours together! So soft. I turned them into a sympathy card for a friend:



I struggled with the layout a little bit. I ended up adding the stamp from Flowering Flourishes and the tulip border as an after-thought. I think it turned out pretty nice, and my friend liked it!

Don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how the photo inspired her! :)

Supplies used:
Stamps: Flowering Flourishes, Loving Thoughts
Paper: So Saffron, Basic Grey, Micheal's Grey
Ink: Basic Grey, So Saffron, More Mustard (for the pansy)
Tools: Butterfly Punch (ret, for the pansy), Circles Nestabilities, Tulip Border Embossing Folder
Accessories: Antique Brad

1 comment:

  1. Karly, I love everything about this one! The colors are fabulous and the mix of patterns and textures is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete