Friday, July 12, 2013

Inspired by... An Amazing Sight!

Good day! We are (not) looking forward to a rainy weekend here in northern BC, but I will take the opportunity to clean my apartment and craft some :) Now onto today's challenge, a new Inspired by...


Charissa chose the photo this week, an awesome snapshot of the Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park:


Amazing hey!! I took from this photo all the amazing colours (interpreted as Pacific Point, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and Cajun Craze) and put them together like so:


I think this starburst effect is becoming one of my favourites! It is such a great way to display a few or more colours (although, when I actually went t glue these pieces down after laying them out, I did something funky and they didn't go together as planned... hmmm...) There were originally two daffodil delight segments, but only one made it onto the card. Anyways, it still looks good! :)


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see how this photo inspired her!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Friendly Phrases (ret)
Paper: Brights Stacks (ret), In Colour Stacks (ret), Orchard Harvest DSP (ret), Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party
Ink: Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight
Tools: 1-3/4" Punch
Accessories: Baker's Twine, Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment