Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy 75th Birthday Wishes

Good morning! Happy Thursday! Today is my Friday, as I have tomorrow off to travel to Victoria, BC for my grandmother's 90th birthday celebration. It takes about 12 hours to get to my grandmother's, including a ferry ride :) It's a long drive, but worth it to see all the family members. Maybe I'll see a few critters along the way too! Before I get to the challenge today, I just want to mention a few shout-outs my cards received:

My grateful butterfly card made me a featured artisan with the Paper Craft Crew:


And my purple wedding card was a pick over at Pals Paper Arts:


Awesome! I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to check out my blog :) Now, onto the challenge! I really loved the sketch over at The Paper Players this week:


I had a reason to create a masculine birthday card as a co-worker is having an important birthday today! He is turning 75 years young. I did a quick google search for ideas and was inspired by the talented Mary Fish's masculine birthday card seen here. Here's my take:


The colours are lovely! I am really going to miss more mustard when it goes, it is the perfect accent colour. On the plus side, I am SO happy island indigo made it into the collections :)


The core'dinations cardstock with the woodgrain texture fits perfectly and I finally got to break out my alphabet bigz!!! I finally took the plunge and ordered them when Stampin' Up! had their "free shipping" promotion, and I think the options with these dies are limitless! They are a great size and font and I hope to use them often.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used:
Stamps: On Your Birthday (ret)
Paper: Island Indigo, Crumb Cake, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso Core'dinations, Orchard Harvest DSP (ret)
Ink: Island Indigo
Tools: Alphabet Bigz Dies, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Accessories: Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic guy card! Love your take on the stack of presents and how you've adapted it to the sketch. Great colors and texture too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your two challenge wins, Karly! It was a good week for you. This is such a fun card and a great take on the sketch. I love the colors and the cute stack of gifts. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete