Monday, May 27, 2013

Get Well Thoughts for a Special Aunt

Hello there and happy Monday (if that's possible *lol*). I hope you had a fantastic weekend :) I sure did. Saturday I spent in the wilderness kayaking and fishing. I went to Tacheeda Lake, about 30 minutes by highway and 45 more minutes by forest service road, North of Prince George. It was such a beautiful day. Here are a few pictures of my quest:


The last pic is of a bear cub that was hanging out on the side of the road. I saw it on the way in and the way out, but I did not see the momma bear (I am sure she wasn't too far away tho!).

Now onto the cards! I made a couple cards to send to a special aunt who is battling cancer for a second time. Here's a shot of us from my graduation a couple years ago:


The first is a "thinking of you" card. My aunt is very artistic and I thought she would appreciate the "artsy" aspect of the card:


Personally, I just LOVE this one! It is so fun and fancy at the same time :) For the background, I stamped the DSP (lined paper from Beau Chateau, retired) with the flower from Elements of Style, then tore and sponged the edges. The flowers were spritzed with shimmer spray then crinkled them up to dry. Once they were dry, I unscrunched them to the shape I wanted. Then I added the feathers, pearls and a little lace & linen thread. I am very pleased with the way it turned out :) plus there was just enough room to add the sentiment at the bottom of the card *lol*


I was inspired by a local scrap store here in town, who posed the challenge of creating something based on her card below.


Then I wanted to make something a bit more fun to send as my aunt is also a very fun-loving person. I case'd (pretty much exactly) from this talented lady and love the results:


The owls are so adorable, I think my aunt will just love them! While I love this punch, the small pieces that make up the eye are sure tedious to work with... I got some good use out of a few pairs of tweezers I got as a gift for Christmas :)


Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a great week! :)

Supplies used, Card 1:
Stamps: Elements of Style, Loving Thoughts
Paper: Concord Crush (ret), Wisteria Wonder, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Beau Chateau DSP (ret)
Ink: Concord Crush (ret)
Tools: Delicate Doilies, Blossoms Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch (ret), Small & Large Oval Punches
Accessories: Vanilla Shimmer Mist, Lace Ribbon, Linen Thread, Pearls, Dimensionals

Supplies Used, Card 2:
Paper: Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Core'dinations, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Whisper White, Basic Black
Tools: Owl Builder Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Crop-a-dile (ret)
Accessories: Pearls, Yellow Sharpie

No comments:

Post a Comment