Friday, April 26, 2013

Retrosketches with Ribbon Rosettes

Happy Friday! This is truly my favourite day of the week, it is always nice to have a break after a work week, busy or not. Friday means a new edition of KCRR! I wanted to combine this week's challenge with Retrosketches and The Pink Elephant:




The selections for KCRR this week were rosettes and brayering - an intriguing combination! The Pink Elephant challenged us to "lift it" this week (chose a card/technique/colour combo and CASE it). Here's how my card turned out using the fabulous retrosketch:


LOVE it! I lifted the ribbon rosettes from this talented lady. I have always wanted to try making these rosettes every since I saw them a long time ago, and they turned out perfectly. A jumbo pearl in the middle, some linen thread accents and more pearls makes this wedding card extra special! Along with the brayering, of course :) I created a blue gradient - bashful blue, baja breeze and midnight muse to cap it off.


I knew I would be using the emboss resist technique again soon! *lol* While I love many parts of this card, I especially love the fact that I managed to create a masculine/feminine balance on a wedding card (and I didn't use the Love and Laughter set! *lol again*).


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets by Design, to see what she created with our KCRR elements this week!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Loving Thoughts
Paper: Midnight Muse, Whisper White, In Colour Stacks
Ink: Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse
Tools: Labels Framelits, Scallop Border Punch, 1" Circle Punch
Accessories: Jumbo Pearls, Pearls, Linen Thread, Seam Binding Ribbon

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Love all the shades of blue! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete