Thursday, April 11, 2013

Make My Monday on Thursday

Good morning! Well, I think I have finally caught the cold that has been going around the office lately :( I suppose it was inevitable, but I was really hoping it left me alone! *lol* time to jack up my consumption of vitamin C and fluids, fluids, fluids!

Onto today's challenge! I was intrigued by Make My Monday's theme this week, which was to make your own background. And, I was posed with the challenge to make a birthday card for my Nana,who is turning 90 in May. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to make a special card for her. Here's how the final product turned out:


I really like the way it turned out! It's special, but not overkill :) The background was made by sponging baja breeze (I am sad this is retiring!!), regal rose (also retiring, but I am not too upset about this colour) and rose red. Then I sponged versamark around the edges with pewter embossing powder. I added a double baja breeze bow and a snippet of crochet trim and a couple pearls to finish off the look (convenient because my Nana's name is Pearl :) )


I wanted the sentiment to pop against the background, so I added it in white with the dark midnight muse ink (same ink as the music notes, but the notes were stamped off once). I think I achieved the desired effect :)


What do you think? Is it "special" enough for a 90th birthday? (that's a pretty huge event). Thanks for looking and I love to read your comments!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Memorable Moments, Universal Backgrounds (CTMH)
Paper: Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Ink: Baja Breeze, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Midnight Muse, Versamark
Tools: Labels Framelits
Accessories: Seam Binding Ribbon, Crochet Trim, Pearls, Pewter Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love those colours, thank you for joining us this week at make my Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is stunning! LOVE the soft colors, the amazing silver embossing, and that BOW!!! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning DSP you have created. Vintage and rich. Your Nana will love it, because it's as special as she is I'm sure. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card.. thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in with my DIY background challenge at MMM.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete