Friday, February 22, 2013

KCRR #6: Rock & Roll Technique

Good day! Yay, it's finally Friday! This week has felt super slow to me... at least it is only one more day, then the weekend :) This weekend should be great... Matt and I have plans to celebrate our 5 year anniversay with a couples massage and a nice dinner out on Saturday and a dinner with Michelle & Steven on Sunday. I am really looking forward to it :) Last night, we had my coworker/friend Charissa and her husband Kevin over for dinner. We cooked up an elk roast in the slow cooker, some deer tenderloin steaks, twice baked potatoes, veggies & cheese sauce. Everything turned out pretty good and our guests enjoyed the meal! :) After dinner, the guys chatted (about hunting and fishing) and Charissa and I checked Stampin' Up's clearance section :) hehe Anywho, it was a great night! After that, I watched Grey's Anatomy and created my card for this week's challenge...


This week's selections were midnight muse and the rock and roll technique. Hmmm... I had originally planned my card to include midnight muse and so saffron ink for the rock and roll, but I tried that out and did not like the way it turned out. So I made that card, minus the rock and roll technique and submitted it to another challenge earlier in the week, and came up with this for KCRR:


Well, I think this one turned out! The butterfly looks pretty :)

 

I am becoming more and more comfortable with combining designer series patterns, I like this combination! And I must say, my dahlia supply is dwindling quite quickly... I will have to add them to my next order. Don't forget to check Charissa's, Snippets by Design, to see what she created with this week's selections!

Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Mixed Bunch
Paper: Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse, Patio Party DSP, Whisper White
Ink: Primrose Petals, Summer Starfuit
Tools: Blossoms Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Circles Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities
Accessories: Dahlia

1 comment:

  1. Love this card! The colours coordinate perfectly. And that butterfly is so pretty! I may have to CASE that :) That stamp is perfect for the rock 'n roll technique!
    Happy 5th Anniversary to you and Matt!! Have an awesome time celebrating this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete