Friday, February 8, 2013

KCRR #4: Faux Patina

Happy Friday! This is the best kind of Friday as it leads into a long weekend!! This will be BC's first official Family Day :) I have been super busu packing & moving last week, so there hasn't been lots of time for crafting, but I managed to finish today's challenge card this morning (lol). Here's we go, time for another installment of...



This week's randomly generated elements were the faux patina technique & pool party. I have used the faux patina technique a few times and really like it! It can be dressed up or down. In my blog post Silver Anniversary: Faux Patina, you can see step-by-step instructions on how to complete this technique. I wanted to make a more casual card this time so I used the elegant bouquet emobossing folder, which I covered with basic grey ink, and sponged on pool party & island indigo. Then, after patting versamark onto the paper, I added silver embossing powder (too bad I didn't have pool party embossing powder, as I think it would have been great on here). I thought that there was too much embossing powder, so I brushed a bit away with a dry paintbrush. Here's the final product:


I really like the way it turned out! Such a quick and easy card that packs a big punch!

Make sure to pop over to Charissa's blog, Snippets By Design, to see what she made with this week's elements!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Grey, Pool Party, Island Indigo
Paper: Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Pool Party
Tools: Blossoms Punch, Word Window Punch, Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Antique Brad, Baker's Twine, Ruffled Ribbon, Natural Cotton Ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment