Sunday, January 20, 2013

PP 129: Rue Des Fleurs

Sigh - already Sunday afternoon :( I can't believe how fast the weekend goes by... I firmly believe that it should be a two day workweek and a five day weekend! hehe Oh well... there is something great about Sunday... a new challenge at the Paper Players! Here is the sketch this week:


Clean and simple! Uh oh... This is something I struggle with as I like to embellish my cards and have a REALLY hard time with white space... Here's what I came up with using this sketch:


Kind of clean and simple, right? Lol - regardless, I like the card :) I was so happy with Rue Des Fleurs came on clearance! I snapped it up the first day. I embossed the background with lacy brocade and sponged some daffodil delight colour on there. Then I stamped the umbrella from Rue Des Fleurs on Attic Boutique DSP, snipped it out and popped it up on dimensionals. The sentiment is also popped up. Here's another view of the card that shows some pretty little pearls added on the scallop edge border:



What do you think? Does this card meet your definition of clean and simple?

Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
Stamps: Rue Des Fleurs (ret)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight, Attic Boutique DSP (ret)
Ink: Jetblack Stazon
Tools: Scallop Edge Border Punch
Accessories: Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearls, Sponge, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Karly!! I absolutely love it. I think it fits the definition of clean and simple, but you've also added some great detail to it. Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I think you did a great job with the CAS approach. I love how you paper pieced the umbrella, and the sweet little pearls are a perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Beautiful image....and pretty ribbon embellishment! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant and bright card! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous.. love the ribbon

    So glad you joined us at the paper players
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete