Saturday, January 19, 2013

Introducing "Inspired By..." Challenge!

Woohoo! It's finally the weekend! Today Charissa over at Snippets by Design and I are debuting another card challenge, Inspired By...


With this challenge, one of us will pick a picture of something that can inspire us in card making. The photo can be anything from a beautiful nature scene to a fun article of clothing. The cards can contain anything about the photo that has inspired you, for example, colours, shapes, etc. This week's inspiration photo was selected by me: a delicious sushi dish!


From this, I saw lucky limeade, tangerine tango, so saffron, and circles! Here's the card I thought of:


This card displays the quilting technique, running the entire face of the card through the big shot using the square lattice embossing folder. I used the Outlined Occasions stamp set, from last year's Sale-A-Bration, and coloured it with markers. I popped up the entire face plate to add some dimension.


Thanks for looking today and I hope you enjoyed Charissa and I's second challenge. Pop over to her blog and check out how this photo inspired her! 

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Outlined Occasions (ret)
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Grey
Tools: Nestabilities Circle 
Accessories: Tangerine Tango & So Saffron Markers, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Dimensionals



1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love this challenge! Making a card inspired by a photo really brings out creativity! LOVE your card. That quilting technique is awesome! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete